To lead people especially youth, to a vital personal relationship with, and a life of dedicated service to, Jesus Christ through inspiring year-round camps, conferences, retreats and events.
- We believe in the divine inspiration and innerancy of the entire Bible.
- We believe in one God in three persons.
- We believe in the fall of humanity, the reality of sin, and the necessity of the new birth.
- We believe that the only way of salvation is by faith in Jesus Christ, the virgin born son of God, through His substitutionary death and bodily resurrection.
- We believe that the Church is the body of Christ, Himself as the Head and all true believers in Him as members and that the body of Christ is God’s instrument in the world today.
- We believe that the term “marriage” has only one meaning and that marriage is sanctioned by God who joins one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union and that sexual intimacy should only occur between a man and a woman who are married to each other.
- We believe that any form of sexual immorality, such as adultery, fornication, pre-marital sex, homosexual and bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, pornography or any attempt to change one’s sex is sinful and offensive to God.
- We believe that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ.
- We believe that every person, as image bearers of God, must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity. Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture.
- We believe in the personal, imminent return of Christ.
There are five core values at Seneca Hills that provide stability and allow for transfer from mission to ministry. These core values permeate all that we do.
First, Seneca Hills is Christ-centered. Just as we acknowledge that Christ is the king and head of the Church, His bride, so we acknowledge Seneca Hills, as a part of His bride, belongs to Him for His glory, the good of His Church, and the advancement of His kingdom. All we do should exalt His glory, serve His Church, advance His kingdom and be in accord with His Word.
Second, Seneca Hills is Gospel-driven. The Great Commission makes it clear that Christ’s disciples are to be disciple-makers. The foundation of this ministry is the proclamation of the Gospel through evangelism, discipleship, training, mentoring and equipping; all in the unique context that the setting at Seneca Hills provides.
Third, Seneca Hills functions through Teamwork. This ministry is not run by one person. Hundreds of volunteers, full-time, part-time and seasonal staff, donors, service groups, and churches contribute time, talent and treasure toward making this ministry faithful to its mission. Not only does it take teamwork to run this ministry, the ministry itself is one small part in Christ’s Church. I believe that one of the reasons Seneca Hills exists is to assist churches to be the Church by serving as a tool in the ministry toolbox assisting Her to equip God’s people for works of service. (Eph. 4: 11-16)
Fourth and closely connected to the first, is Stewardship. The old hymn reminds us that, “This is my Father’s world…” As I look around campus, I am struck by the fact that none of the things surrounding me are mine or anyone else’s on staff for that matter; none of the buildings, none of the equipment, certainly not the natural surroundings, not even campers and guests. Everything that makes this ministry Seneca Hills is on loan from God. We are merely caretakers, who like the servants in the Parable of the Talents, are tasked with utilizing the Master’s resources in a manner that brings fourth greater fruit for His Kingdom.
The fifth core value is Service. We serve God by fulfilling the Great Commission in the unique setting of the outdoors. We serve the Church by assisting her to fulfill her mission of equipping through evangelism, discipleship, mentoring and training. We serve guests through outstanding, year-round camps, conferences, retreats and events designed to challenge them to greater Christ-likeness in word and deed. We serve donors aligned with our mission of Gospel transformation, providing them an opportunity to faithfully steward their resources to advance God’s Kingdom.